A member of LMPG, Fluxwerx Illumination is a leader in commercial lighting, designing innovative and award-winning architectural lighting products, shipping across North America and the world. We are looking for an energetic, creative, and curious professional to join our dynamic team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Products, this opening is for an early- to mid-career Product Manager. In this role, you will be supporting many aspects of the Fluxwerx portfolio of advanced luminaires – new features, launches, pricing, software tools, technical documents, certification, reporting, analysis, and product end-of-life management. This role requires a self-starter with strong technical and problem-solving abilities, who can collaborate well with the Sales, Marketing, and Engineering teams.
What you’ll do
- Build a deep understanding of our products and their competitive position within the industry.
- Seek and analyze product feedback from the Sales team and competitive market information.
- Help to define and document new product requirements and coordinate product development activities with the Marketing & Engineering teams.
- Collect data and prepare sales forecasts, product reporting, and other analysis to inform decision-making.
- Support technical training presentations for product changes, releases, and discontinuations.
- Prepare information and work with Marketing to complete product technical documents.
- Administer supporting product software, such as CPQ (configure price quote), and other web-based tools.
- Prepare product configuration and technical data for use in supporting systems.
What you bring
- A bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience in an environment that designs and manufactures technical products.
- Lighting industry or similar products for construction experience is preferred.
- A combination of technical, business, and analytical skills.
- Relationship skills with a strong ability to absorb and communicate technical information.
- Able to effectively discuss and present ideas, proposals, and updates to a range of staff, including management and non-technical personnel.
- Initiative and self-direction; a commitment to doing what is needed to deliver successful projects.
- Better-than-average skills in office software – Excel/Sheets, PowerPoint/Keynote, Word/Docs.
What extras will make you stand out
- Experience in a physical manufacturing company.
- Experience with software development or administration related to product design, manufacturing, or supply chain (e.g., productivity tools, CPQ, CRM, or ERP systems).
- Business Intelligence (BI) & reporting experience (e.g., Microsoft Power BI, Power Query).
- Training in a technical field, such as Manufacturing or Engineering.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to make your mark in a well-established but growing company.
- Competitive salary and benefits program, including a generous RRSP matching program.
- Friendly and flexible work environment in an organization driven by innovation.
To explore this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.