Fluxwerx, a division of LMPG, Inc., is an industry leader in the design, development and manufacturing of award-winning commercial lighting products, shipping to major building projects across North America and around the world.
We are currently looking for an energetic and creative mechanical designer to join our dynamic and experienced product development team. In this role you will help turn prototypes and concepts into manufacturable new products for high volume production/assembly, execute product improvement and cost reduction projects, and design new features for existing products to meet new market requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Develop new product features for the existing product portfolio to meet the latest requirements.
- Support the development of approved conceptual LED lighting designs into production ready product lines.
- Create component design and fabrication drawings for a variety of manufacturing methods (sheet metal, CNC machined aluminum, extruded and cast aluminum, and molded plastic).
- Manually prototype parts/ideas for verification of component designs.
- Participate in other projects such as product sales sample design, product costing analysis, product improvement, and first article verification.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience in mechanical design.
- Technical diploma or Degree in Mechanical Design.
- High level proficiency using SolidWorks.
- Experience in designing for high volume production.
- Experience designing for extruded aluminum, sheet metal, plastic injection moulding, and CNC machined parts.
- Experience operating woodworking and metalworking tools.
- Basic Electrical / Electronic knowledge is beneficial.
- Programming and operational experience with CNC milling machines is beneficial.
- Experience in a construction-oriented industry is highly beneficial.
- Creative problem solver, inquirer, and learner.
- Excellent English communication skills (presentation, written, verbal) of both technical and non-technical topics.
- Strong team player while able to function independently and manage multiple tasks and priorities delivering results with high standards.
- Enjoy hands-on prototyping and fit/function experiments.
- Take initiative and delivers consistent positive results.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to make your mark in a well-established but growing company with a strong company culture.
- Competitive salary and benefits program.
- Generous RRSP matching program.
- Fast-paced, fun, friendly, and flexible work environment in an organization driven by innovation.
- Annual Salary $60,000 to $90,000
To explore this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.