A member of LMPG, Fluxwerx Illumination is a growing design and manufacturing company that creates innovative and award-winning architectural LED lighting products, shipping to major buildings across North America and the world. As a recognized leader in the LED lighting industry, we are looking for driven, energetic, creative, and curious professionals to join our dynamic team.
We are looking for an Electronics Engineer to join our dynamic and growing team. As part of the product development group, the Electronics Engineer will be involved in the complete product development cycle of new and existing LED lighting products, from prototyping, testing, and certification to handoff and supporting manufacturing.
This position requires attention to detail with good analytical, problem solving, and communication skills as well as the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment with multiple tasks and priorities.
- Design LED PCBA modules
- Design cable assemblies
- Design and implement production test stations and jigs
- Prepare and oversee applications/documentation for UL Safety certifications and updates
- Oversee product labeling system to meet UL Safety and Internal requirements
- Support Mechanical and Optical design teams as well as the manufacturing engineering team with electrical, LED driver and LED module details
- Evaluate LED driver products
- Evaluate lighting sensors, control systems and integration options for our LED lighting products using control protocols such as 0-10V, DALI, Zigbee wireless, Bluetooth, etc
- Create documentation for production wiring and assembly, including training
- Support the design team with new product thermal, electrical, and optical performance testing against predicted/simulated results.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or diploma in electronics engineering
- 3+ years of related experience
Experience certifying products to electrical safety standards: UL, CSA
Schematic capture and PCB layout experience – Altium Designer preferred
Experience using 2D CAD software such as Draftsight or AutoCAD
Design and troubleshooting experience of analog and digital circuits using basic lab equipment – lab PSU, DMM, oscilloscope, etc.
Lighting controls or related communication networking experience is an asset
Working knowledge of one or more programming languages is an asset
Strong working knowledge of MS Office and MS Excel
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with a desire to deliver results with high standards
- Good communication skills in technical and non-technical topics
- A team player who can work independently while managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Creative, passionate problem solver and learner
What We Offer
- An opportunity to make your mark in a well-established but growing company
- Competitive salary and benefits program
- Generous RRSP matching program
- Friendly and team-oriented work environment in an organization driven by innovation
Deadline: Until position is filled
To explore this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.